Mr Jonathan Rees Chair (JR)

Mr Andrew Fulljames (AF)

Mr Bill Champion (B.C)

Mr Al Grenfell (AG)

Ms Juliet Cornford (JC)

Ms Jo Dunne (JD)


Ms Rachel Makari Vice-Chair (RM)

The meeting started at 7.30 p.m.

Declaration of Interest None received.

Public Participation for items on the agenda None received.

Reports from District/County Councillors None received.

Minutes from previous meeting

The Council resolved that the minutes from the meeting held on 15 February 2022 be amended to say that AF will research compost rather than bulbs, and be accepted as a true record and signed by the Chair

  • On asset register B.C will contact Jane Olds for best practice on assets
  • JC to share new assets with B.C
  • Jonathan to contact Dave Catling re roads

Public Participation for items on the agenda

Public participation is limited to 30 minutes in total. Members of the public may make only one address to the council of no more than three minutes’ duration and only concerning topics on the agenda.


  1. No updates
  1. Recruitment of New Clerk
  2. Update and Next Steps
  3. JR has reached out to all local PC in area and no interest or capacity
  4. JC to speak with local resident who has offered some help excluding finance
  5. Open to spit the role from Admin and finance
  6. Is there a local business that could support with admin? JR to write to some
  7. Could we consider a virtual assistant?
  8. JD post on village WhatsApp
  9. JC share Paul Turney email
  • Village Clean-up: 26 March 2022
  • also asking for requests to construct and place new furniture and pots
  • Village Matters
  • Traffic Issues

– agreement made on where signage will go speed alerts, proposal that centre of village will be 20 miles per hour. We will make an application for new speed limit.

  • Meeting with Tim Bearder – OCC strong push back on transport proposal.
  • Agree to sign up to draft proposal to include support and sign up from surrounding villages
  • Greening the villageproposal to undertake another annual daffodil plant in the autumn agreed
  • JC to ask Browns about compost (Agrivert)
  • Playground Committee- Grace O’Dwyer to stand down, PC wish to extend thanks for her help, will reach out to community for new volunteer to coordinate JD to lead.
  • JC to lead on grant application for replacement of playground
  • Platinum Jubilee: to receive an update and agree grant application
  • Village grant of £300 – potential to hire generator
  • JC to enquire about local volunteers to support with street party
  • Planning

Application 22/00642/F 2 Dewars Farm Cottages

  • No objections
  • Correspondence and Meetings
  • Ardley liaison Virodor meeting attended by JR, 45% of waste comes from out of county
  • Netting/sheeting of vehicles should be standard to avoid littering
  • Want to increase tonnage coming into the plant – 10 additional vehicles a day if passed by planners
  • Plastics plant plan has been paused
  • Communicationsto agree communications to the village following the meeting.
  • Greening village
  • Village clean up
  • Parish Clark
  • Items for next meeting’s agendato be submitted to the Chair by Thursday 28 April 2022
  • Dates of next meeting –
  • Monday 9 May 2022
  • Monday 11 July 2022
  • Monday 12 September 2022
  • Monday 14 November 2022